Its common to think NICU when referring to hospitalized infants, but Woombie Med Pods can actually be utilized on other inpatient units, including the ER.
Infants come through the ER for any number of needs including illness, injury, separation from caregiver...all often trauma inducing. Woombie Med Pods could help reduce traume caused by an ER visit by swaddling the baby 360 degrees and providing comfort.
1. Procedural Support
An infant being treated in the ER may need an IV, blood draw, VCUG, breathing treatment or nasal canula, pulsox, heel stick, or scans. Being swaddled 360 degrees in a Woombie Med Pod creates the feeling of being held, reduces triggering the Moro reflex (fight or flight response) and could keep the baby calm during procedure which may reduce likelihood of injuries.
The Original Woombie has been helping infants sleep safely and comfortably at home nearly twelve years now without a single safety recall. Imagine swaddling a baby in the ER in a Woombie Med Pod and letting them sleep their way to comfort and healing.
Any mother will tell you its instinctual to wrap a new baby up to calm them down. An infant in the ER will likely be sick, tired, hungry, and scared. They'll likely demonstrate the infant stress signals of splayed fingers and toes, arched back, and diverted gaze. A Child Life Specialist, parent/caregiver, or clinician could ease their fears and bring them to a state of calm by using the Woombie Med Pod.
Talk to your sales rep about bringing Woombie Med Pods to your ER or purchase from WoombieMedPods.com
Woombie Med Pods are now in hospitals ALL over the US! One question we hear each time we introduce the product to a new unit, clinician, or parents is, "How is this different?"
1. How is this different than a blanket?
2. How is this different than the sleeping sacks that are donated?
3. How is this different than the products we love in the NICU?
Swaddle all the babies!
Woombie Med Pods are unlike anything else on the market because of their patented peanut shape. The peanut shape is what makes the Woombie so beneficial to the baby. We're so nuts about the peanut shape for the wee lil peanuts we serve.
1. Traditional methods of swaddling can cause cold-shoulders and hips, but the patented peanut shape of the Woombie Med Pod allows range of motion in the shoulders and hips and reduces likelihood of hip dysplasia.
2. Swaddling a baby in a blanket doesn't allow freedom of choice. In the Woombie Med Pod, infants can self-soothe, which is much more developmentally appropriate for term babies and pediatric infants. Baby can move to field-goal position, hands over heart, hands to midline, hands to mouth...however baby finds comfort.
3. The peanut shape is tight enough in all the right places to mimic the womb. The tightness provides comfort and reduces triggering the Moro reflex (fight or flight). This helps ease the transition from the womb to the world by providing the tight feel of mother's womb.
The Woombie Med Pod line reduces trauma from hospitalization, improves psychosocial care, supports Family Centered Care Initiative, and aids Child Life in procedural support. They're unlike anything else on the market! Speak with your sales rep and purchasing department about bring Woombie Med Pods to your unit!